Les compartimos la invitación de la WFN a unirse a las actividades por el Día Mundial del Cerebro a realizarse el 22 de julio de 2021 en esta ocasión en conjunto con la Federación Internacional de Esclerosis Múltiple (MSIF) en nombre de las personas que viven con esclerosis múltiple (EM) y sus cuidadores, como se indica a continuación:
This year’s World Brain Day is July 22, 2021, please join the World Federation of Neurology and the MS International Federation (MSIF) to advocate on behalf of those living with multiple sclerosis (MS) and their caregivers.
This campaign will raise awareness for MS to affect real change in the diagnosis and treatment of MS. We hope that you will participate by sharing the key messages of World Brain Day 2021:
- Disability: Multiple sclerosis is a debilitating neurological disease that impacts every aspect of a person’s life, with effects ranging from cognitive impairment to significant physical disability.
- Prevalence: 2.8 million people of all ages globally are affected by MS, and someone receives this life-altering diagnosis every five minutes.
- Education: We must work with health care professionals to recognise the signs and symptoms of MS so people can be diagnosed early and effectively treated.
- Access to Treatment: Disease-modifying treatments slow disease progression, dramatically improving the quality of life for those living with MS, yet access to these medications is unavailable in many parts of the world.
- Advocacy: We can stop MS by diagnosing earlier, providing better access to life-changing treatments, and advocating for improving the quality of life for those living with MS and their caregivers.
Please help spread the word about World Brain Day and other brain health initiatives by visiting WFN’s website to learn more about MS. On the website you may also access a downloadable toolbox that provides shareable content, including social media graphics, copy, posters, and more, all with the goal of promoting World Brain Day.
We wish you every success for this year and in the future.
WFN Chair, Public Awareness and Advocacy
Esperamos puedan participar en las actividades.
Mesa Directiva 2019-2022.